The 48-year-old man weighing 250 kilos with Diogenes syndrome who was rescued this Wednesday from an condo in El Prat de Llobregat by the Generalitat hearth brigade had not left house for 3 years.
Despite his unlucky scenario, for the reason that firefighters eliminated kilos of rubbish from the house, the neighbor didn’t obtain any sort of consideration from the Social Services.
The El Prat City Council has acknowledged that they detected a public well being downside that was solved 10 years in the past: “Since then we’ve obtained three calls however he didn’t enable us to enter his house”, defined the pinnacle of Social and Community Action of the City Council from El Prat, Arnau Garcia. “We didn’t have any indication that may inspire us to open one other file,” he says.
The identical consistory is shocked at not having discovered indicators of unsanitary situations lately after viewing the photographs. The neighbors who witnessed the evacuation guarantee that the odor was “insufferable” and keep that the person “didn’t enable himself to be helped.”
The sufferer known as 911
It was the sufferer herself who known as phone quantity 112 very first thing within the morning, advising that she was not feeling properly. When the rescue group arrived on the scene, she was unable to entry the property via the door because of the quantity of accrued rubbish that was there.
It was obligatory to interrupt a window and prop up the roof as a way to enter, proving that the person lived in very adversarial well being situations. He was rescued via the identical window with a crane in an operation that lasted a number of hours.
The El Prat City Council assures that it was not conscious of the scenario of this neighbor and has made itself accessible to emergency groups to assist reverse his scenario.